Translate

Friday, November 18, 2022

† ".. My House SHall Be.. . "

 
mornignofferin

†Saint Quote

"O my God, fill my soul with holy joy, courage and strength to serve You. Enkindle Your love in me and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me."
–St. Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)

†Today's Meditation
"Consecration to St. Joseph will help you become "another Joseph" for Jesus and Mary. That is, entrusting yourself entirely to St. Joseph helps you become a faithful, loving, and trusting companion of Jesus and Mary! In the New Testament, we read that Jesus "increased in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and man" (Lk 2:52) under the watchful care of his parents. Such an "increase" can happen to you, too, if you entrust yourself to the paternal care of St. Joseph…Saint Joseph is "The Increaser." He has paternal love for you and the power to increase the presence of God in your life and take you to greater heights in the spiritual life.
–Fr. Donald Calloway, MIC, p. 13

An Excerpt From
Consecration to St. Joseph

†Daily Verse
"I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the Lord!"
–Psalm 27:13-14

a1
SaintofDay1

click to read more

asaint.jpg

St. Rose Philippine Duchesne

St. Rose Philippine Duchesne (1769–1852) was born in Grenoble, France, to a wealthy and prominent family. At the age of 18 she joined the Visitation nuns against the wishes of her family, taking her religious name after St. Rose of Lima and St. Philip Neri. During the anti-religious fervor of French Revolution, the "Reign of Terror," her convent was shut down. She then took up the work of providing care for the sick, hiding priests from the revolutionaries, and educating homeless children. When the tensions of the revolution subsided, she rented out her old convent in an attempt to revive her religious order, but the spirit was gone. She and the few remaining nuns of her convent then joined the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Since childhood St. Rose Philippine had had a strong desire to do missionary work in the New World, especially among the Native Americans. This was realized in 1818 when she and four nuns traveled across the Atlantic, a journey of eleven weeks, and another seven weeks up the Mississipi river to serve in one of the remotest outposts in the region in St. Charles, Missouri. St. Rose Philippine was a hardy pioneer woman ministering in the Midwest during its difficult frontier days. She opened several schools and served the Potawatomi Indians who gave her the name "Quah-kah-ka-num-ad," meaning, "Woman-who-prays-always." Her feast day is November 18th.

***
adly
***

Friday of the Thirty-third Week in Ordinary Time

Reading 1 RV 10:8-11

I, John, heard a voice from heaven speak to me.
Then the voice spoke to me and said:
"Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel
who is standing on the sea and on the land."
So I went up to the angel and told him to give me the small scroll.
He said to me, "Take and swallow it.
It will turn your stomach sour,
but in your mouth it will taste as sweet as honey."
I took the small scroll from the angel's hand and swallowed it.
In my mouth it was like sweet honey,
but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.
Then someone said to me, "You must prophesy again
about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings."

Responsorial Psalm PS 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131

R. (103a) How sweet to my taste is your promise!
In the way of your decrees I rejoice,
as much as in all riches.
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!
Yes, your decrees are my delight;

they are my counselors.
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!
The law of your mouth is to me more precious
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!
How sweet to my palate are your promises,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!
Your decrees are my inheritance forever;
the joy of my heart they are.
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!
I gasp with open mouth
in my yearning for your commands.
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!

Alleluia JN 10:27

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord;
I know them, and they follow me.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Gospel LK 19:45-48

Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out
those who were selling things, saying to them,
"It is written,
My house shall be a house of prayer,
but you have made it a den of thieves."
And every day he was teaching in the temple area.
The chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people, meanwhile,
were seeking to put him to death,
but they could find no way to accomplish their purpose
because all the people were hanging on his words.

agosp
adailycatholic
***

Daily Meditation: Luke 19:45-48

Jesus entered the temple area. (Luke 19:45)

Luke's Gospel is moving toward its climax: Jesus enters Jerusalem as the true king of Israel coming to take his rightful place. As we know, the crown and throne that this king will be given were made not of gold but of thorns and nails and a wooden cross. He came to rule with the surpassing power of love rather than the limited power of an army. This is clear immediately after Jesus' triumphal entry into the city: he goes not to the seat of military power but to the spiritual heart of the kingdom: "the temple area" (Luke 19:45).

Luke tells us Jesus did two things when he arrived there. First, he purified the Temple, restoring it to its proper purpose as a house of prayer. Next, he taught the people, who fed hungrily upon his words. And by establishing Jesus' entry into Jerusalem as the climax of his story in this way, Luke shows how Jesus fulfilled the bright promises that the priest Zechariah announced at the very beginning of the Gospel: God has "visited and brought redemption to his people" so that "without fear we might worship him in holiness and righteousness" (Luke 1:68, 74-75).

In just two days, we will celebrate the feast of Christ the King. What Luke shows us about Jesus' first coming—both in his birth and in his arrival at the Temple—can help us encounter Jesus the King in our prayer. Just as he entered the world as a humble child and the royal city of Jerusalem as a prophet of transformation, Jesus wants to enter your heart—humbly and with the promise of a new life.

Today in prayer, imagine yourself giving the keys to the "city" of your life to Jesus. Allow him to go straight to the "temple" of your heart and purify you. Such cleansing can feel uncomfortable, but remember, God is setting you free to worship him. He is setting you free from the things in your life that compete for his rightful place. He is setting you free to hear his teaching and to experience his love and his presence.

So don't be afraid. Jesus, your king, has loved you to the end. Welcome him today.

"Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Purify me and set me free!"

Revelation 10:8-11
Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131

***
adyn
***

From today's 1st Holy Scripture:
""Take and swallow it.
It will turn your stomach sour,
but in your mouth it will taste as sweet as honey."

You're not going to like it at first...but then you will love it.
This is the obedience. This is the Way. This is to take on the life of Christ. The message is coming to you.

psalms

We pray today;
"How sweet to my taste is your promise! The law of your mouth is to me more precious than thousands of gold and silver pieces. How sweet to my taste is your promise"

2cents2

In the Gospel today we heard our Master and Teacher:
"My house shall be a house of prayer,
but you have made it a den of thieves."

What are thieves? Who are thieves? What temple? What house?

From Bishop Barron today:
Friends, in today's Gospel, we see Jesus cleansing the temple. What did it mean for a provincial prophet to come into the holy city of Jerusalem and make a ruckus in the temple? Well, you can probably imagine. To make matters worse, Jesus says something that is as shocking as his actions. He says, "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up." No wonder it was precisely this act that led to his crucifixion.

So what was he doing and why? First, in showing his lordship over even this most sacred symbol, he was announcing who he was. Throughout the Gospels, Jesus acts in the person of God. Secondly, he was instituting a new Temple, the Temple of his crucified and risen body. Jesus himself is the place where God dwells, and we, in the measure that we are grafted onto him, are temples of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is passing judgment on all of the inadequate, corrupt forms of human religion and is establishing the new and eternal covenant, the new Temple, in his own person.

........................................
Lord, My House, My Body, Is YOUR TEMPLE. I will not take anything from You. This is Yours, Yours I wish to be!
...............................................

adrian

***
2cents

click to hear

Random Bible Verse 1
Hebrews 13:1–2

[Hebrews 13]
Sacrifices Pleasing to God

13
Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

***

If one day you don't receive these, just visit Going4th.com
God Bless You! Peace

***
 
 
Powered by
GoDaddy Email Marketing ®

No comments: